Sunday, January 08, 2012

Hair of the Dog and First Draft Complete

I awoke with the legs feeling a bit stiff and sore, but all in all not that bad. I looked forward to doing a recovery run to loosen them up. That was definitely the case. Though I understand the physiological reasons why, I still always find it pretty fascinating how legs that are creaky and sore from running can feel better with more running. 

The start and finish of the run were on roads to avoid a muddy stretch of trails, and then I turned on to the fire roads in the woods out back. From there, I took a trail out to the pond and sat on the log near the water and just enjoyed the quiet of being outdoors for a few minutes before making my way back. 

Oh yeah, the first draft of my novel if finished! I'm pretty happy with it and it was a lot of fun to write. I'll set it aside and try to forget about it for the next six weeks, at which point I'll read it over with a fresher mindset, make revisions, let others read it over and give me notes, make more revisions and then publish. 

I'm already excited to begin working on my next story. I'll begin outlining it today. This one will be more horror than science fiction. Can't wait to get started!

Ran 6.3 miles @ 10:07/mile pace. 
Some paved roads, fire roads, trails. 
Very hilly. 
Mid to upper 30s, overcast. 
Brooks Mach 13, long pants, fleece pullover, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves (shed halfway). 

2 comments:

Sparkplug said...

Love that you are so into your writing! Congrats on finishing book #2 :) Can't wait to read it once it's set and ready to go!

Andrew said...

I like the part about sitting on the log.