Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hilly Dozen

Nice run after work today on some hilly backroads. My mind always wanders when I run, but today I got so lost in my own thoughts that a couple of times I honest to goodness forgot where I was. It was really weird. Just thinking a lot about the current book I'm working on. I really feel it overshadows everything else I've written so far, but who's to say if that's the case or not.

But I digress... Good run. Really enjoyed myself out there and it went well. Pace was supposed to be slower, but I ended up dropping it down a notch or two towards the end. I'm at peace with that, as the weather seems a bit schizo for tomorrow and it'll make it easier mentally to take an easy day if need be.

Ran 12.4 miles @ 7:42/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Upper to mid 30s, mostly cloudy.
Saucony Kinvara 2, long tights, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves (off and on).

No comments: