Friday, January 06, 2012

Easy Fiver and Writing

Just ran easy today. I did the distance as planned but 86'd the stride work. For one, the roads were a bit slick from the blizzard one inch of snow we got this morning. Besides, I didn't feel too peppy and I really want tomorrow's planned long run to be a success. Good run all in all.

Writing update: I'm nearly done with the first draft of the novel. It should be finished in about two weeks. And then? I tuck it away and try to forget about it for six weeks. Then, I'll reread it and make revisions. Next step will be to have a trusted half dozen or so friends who aren't afraid to be critical read it over and give me notes. Then another round of revisions and...Tah dah! Done. Or that's the plan anyway.

During that six week gestation period I'll get started on my next story. I already know what I want to write and can't wait to get started. Writing is fun!

Ran 5.7 miles @ 8:16/mile pace.
Paved roads, patches of snow.
Moderately hilly.
Upper 20s, overcast.
Saucony Kinvara 2, long pants, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: