Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pre-Run on the Combat Cancer 10K Course

Nice, slow trail run to end a great week of training. Finished the week with 60.7 miles and am happy to be tapering now. Not because of the cutback in mileage, but because it's the final phase before the marathon, and I can't wait to toe the line, so to speak.

Today's run went well. Was joined by Stephen, Mindy and Kate B. We ran the Combat Cancer 10K trail race course hours before it started. Then, afterwards we helped worked the finish line of the race. It went really well. Stephen did a great job at organizing the race and it went smoothly. Hopefully even more runners will come out next year and support a great cause while enjoying an awesome course, tons of post race BBQ, and great t-shirts from Atayne.

Rest day tomorrow, my first one in two weeks. It'll feel very strange not running.

Ran 6.2 miles @ 9:37/mile pace.
Trails.
Very hilly.
Lower 50s, overcast.
Brooks Mach 11, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

2 comments:

Kim said...

How exciting Jamie! Enjoy your down time as it will pay off in the end. I know how you feel about rest days though. While I like it because I can sleep late, running makes me less irritable and I am just not myself on the days when I can't get my heart rate up.

Congrats on your race today.

Blaine Moore said...

Thanks for volunteering!

Races like this don't happen with out people putting in their time and energy to let us runners enjoy ourselves.