Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Barred Owls

We have a cross country meet this afternoon, so opted to do my run early in the morning. Was out the door at 4:40am under a bright moon that shone intermittently through the clouds. Barred owls also made crazy monkey-like hooting noises as I ran, something that happens on at least half of my early morning trail runs. Lends to a tranquil yet spooky ambience.

Like last week's early morning run, I felt awake and not too creaky. Was simply ready to go. I guess the body is adjusting to doing runs at this hour, which is nice. I really enjoy doing them now. At least for me, the key is simply getting to bed early the night before.

Worth noting it was really warm and humid out. Glad I won't be running in the afternoon. At least it's supposed to cool back down to normal starting tomorrow.

Ran 5.1 miles @ 8:30/mile pace.
Trails and fire roads.
Mostly flat.
Around 70 degrees, partly cloudy, humid.
Adidas Adizero XT, shorts, short sleeved shirt, headlamp.

1 comment:

mainely triathlon said...

We have a few owls around our house and when they get talking to each other it sounds like a bunch of monkeys very strange on one of these foggy mornings.