Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mile Repeats

Workout was five 1-mile repeats with 400M of active recovery in between. When I last did this workout a few weeks ago, I did well overall but it wasn't flawless. Mainly, I went out too fast at first, which was especially unwise given it was a hot, humid day. Much cooler weather this time and I was a bit smarter on the pacing. That resulted in a better performance.

I was much more consistant this time around, which was the big goal. McMillian has me doing these splits in the 6:06-6:18/mile range for a 3:05 marathon (using that as a benchmark because of the hills on the MDI course, goal is to break 3:15). Today, I averaged 6:02/mile. Quite encouraging.

Really tough workout, but I felt strong throughout. I nearly puked on the recovery lap after miles three and four, but somehow managed to keep it down. I thought for sure I'd ralph after the final mile, but I was fine. Energy wise, felt great.

w/u: Ran 1.0 mile @ 6:38/mile pace.
Ran 5 X 1-mile repeats w/ 400M active recovery in between. 6:06, 6:10, 5:57, 6:04, 5:54.
c/d: Ran 1.0 mile @ 8:53/mile pace.

Mid 60s, partly cloudy.
Brooks Mach 11, shorts, singlet.

1 comment:

Devon said...

Nice mile repeats! I think I would barf too!