Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Orchard Run

Took a rest day yesterday and ran with the XC team today. It was very obvious that I ran a 12-mile trail race the other day. Legs felt pretty sore and tired.  Not unusually so, but it was still quite apparent.

Probably went too fast on the long and steep uphill to the orchard, as I was running with the head coach and his legs were fresh. After the team all reached the top, they ran a modified fartlek along the course while I just trotted along at an easy pace in between groups.

Afterwards, another rest period to regroup and ran the two miles downhill back to the school. Will go ahead and just lump the three runs together and count them as one for convenience's sake.

Running tomorrow will prove to be a bit more challenging as it's open house night at our school. May have to wake up early to get in an easy five miles. Based on how I felt today, will probably do all of my runs at an easy pace until the weekend just to play it safe so I recovery quicker.

Ran 7.0 miles @ 8:36/mile pace (2+3+2 miles with around 15 minutes in between).
Paved roads and trails.
Extremely hilly.
Around 70 degrees, partly cloudy.
Adidas Adizero XT, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Smart thinking Jamie on taking it easy today. I am learning the hard way to not push yourself when the legs are tight as that appears when I am most prone to injure them. Glad to see you got in a good run none the less.

Good luck getting up early to your run today. It's 5AM here and I am just about headed out the door but the cooler temps are telling me to go back to sleep under warm blankets instead. ;-)

pathfinder said...

Yeah,
I can remember how bad you felt not too long ago when you couldn't run at all.....taking it easy is a smart thing.