Sunday, July 27, 2008

Group Bike Ride

Met up with Mindy, her husband Pete Ian, Stephen and his wife Kelly for a ride today. Big thanks to Mindy for hosting the ride and coming up with the route.

We biked from Scarborough through Cape Elizabeth and up to South Portland and back on a loop route. A bit more car traffic than I'm used to, but that was a good confidence builder for me.

Legs and body continue to recover well from last weekend. I swear biking is great for recovery. Will likely run tomorrow. May try to do eight miles or so on hills.

Biked 25.3 miles @14.5 mph (28.1 mph max)
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Mid 70s to near 80, sunny.
Bike shorts, shirt.

5 comments:

Speed Racer said...

Biking IS fun, and it IS good for recovery. You know what else is fun? Hanging out with Mindy.

Keep up the biking and you'll have quads the size of tree trunks... or at least stronger anyway.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Very Good Jamie, looks like your back in the swing again and ready to pound some trails!! Nice!

Ange said...

Glad you had a good ride down there. Biking does wonders for my running for sure. Thanks for your comment on my blog..I think YOU'RE tough!! 100 miles! yowza! GREAT JOB to you!!! I've been reading but not commenting much b/c I've barely been home. Keep up the good work!

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

My wife read your blog post about the Vermont 100. Her only response was: Who would want to do THAT?

That's the one thing I don't like about biking: motorized vehicles. Everytime I hear a logging truck coming up from beghind I close my eyes, hold my breat, and hope the driver hasn't dropped his cigarette in his lap, spilled his beer, or just doesn't like fancy pants cyclists.

Your recovery looks good!

mindy said...

Awesome ride Jamie. Glad you are enjoying the biking - and you seemed perfectly comfortable on the roads. You know they do have ultracycling events....