Friday, January 19, 2007

A Run I Needed

Ran 14.3 miles, including 7.0 miles @ 7:04/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Weather: lower 30s, partly cloudy.

After a week that started off with some crappy running, it was nice to get in a workout that I felt good about. Took the first mile in at 7:42, then pushed in the throttle a little more.

Times for MP segment (miles 2-9):

After that, I continued on for another 6.3 miles at a 7:43/mile pace. Great run. Worth noting that the first two miles felt very difficult, but the run was easier as it went along, especially during the MP segment. I was tempted to get in more miles at MP, but thought better of it since I have a long run this weekend and this run was already a pretty good distance.

Ended the run in the dark, but I had my reflective vest and headlamp with me so I felt safe. Those two items really give good piece of mind. Chaffing was also not an issue whatsoever (very thankfully).


Andrew said...

That is some solid training. All systems are go.

Love2Run said...

Your MP runs seem to go so easily. Now a steady diet of long runs and you will be good to go very soon. Nice job!

Marc said...

Very nice MP workout. Well done.