Saturday, January 20, 2007

Cold and Far

Ran 20.1 miles @ 8:00/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Weather: Temps in upper teens, 25 mph winds, wind chill of zero. Sunny.

I felt good this morning, so opted to do my long run today instead of tomorrow. One big obstacle was the wind, combined with already cold temps. I was properly dressed and felt fine though. The only times it was really difficult were the stretches where I ran right into the wind. A nice long stretch of that was right at the end of the run.

Pace was pretty steady throughout the run, sans when the wind was head on. Even towards the end of the run my legs felt in good shape. It's worth noting that I made a pitstop at the house about 9.5 miles into the run so there was a little break there.

3 comments:

Love2Run said...

Good work, thumbs up!!

Michael Jay Dotson said...

20 miles with 25 mph winds and temps in the teens! Tough running & great marathon prep.

Banking Miles said...

Running against the wind at the end of a long run is tough. Not much energy left to put up a good fight. Nice job on finishing feeling good.