Thursday, February 13, 2014

Stormshoeing

School was called at noon because of the incoming snowstorm. By the time I got home, it was starting to come down pretty hard. Sweet. Strapped on the snowshoes and headed out.

Was mostly on softly packed snowmobile trails with increasing amounts of snow but I did break trail for one quarter of a mile section.

I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed this run. That peaceful ambience of being out alone in the middle of the woods with it snowing pretty heavily really connects with something primal. I was relishing every second of it. I love winter. Great workout to boot.

Snowshoe ran 7.2 miles @ 11:42/mile pace.
Trails, loosely packed snowmobile trails. One short unbroken section.
Very hilly.
Lower 20s, overcast, moderate to heavy snowfall.
Dion 121 snowshoe, New Balance MT1010, warm-up pants, long tights, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, buff (neck), beanie, mittens.

No comments: