Monday, February 03, 2014

Hair of the Dog

Recovery miles on tap to loosen the legs up. Just the usual soreness after yesterday. Felt good to go out and take it extremely easy and unwind the muscles.

Run itself was pretty uneventful, aside from an annoying dog that kept trying to swoop in if I gave it the chance. Never a real threat, but I was thankful for the work van that stopped and then provided a moving barricade by keeping my pace as I ran on. I was really impressed how the driver and I were on the exact same page with no words spoken. I can only guess he must also be a runner. Gave him a thumbs up and he returned a head nod once it was clear. Nice of him to stop and help out.

Came across fellow teacher, Matt M. who was running with his dog, a much friendlier one, as I was finishing up. Didn't realize it was him until he was a few feet away.

Looks like I'll be trail running behind my house tomorrow, probably hitting the seven mile loop. Will likely snowshoe run the same loop on Wednesday with the storm we're supposed to get. Looks like school will be called off, and it'll be nice to romp around in some much needed snowfall.

Ran 5.8 miles @ 8:58/mile.
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Lower 30s, overcast.
Saucony Virrata, long tights, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: