Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Car Tune-Up, Leg Tune-Up

Dropped off my car this morning for a tune-up. Then I ran home, taking a long way around since the place was only about a mile and a half away.

Roads were coated with snow and slush, and aside from the last few miles, my shoes barely met actual asphalt. Tempted to label it as a trail run, but I won't. Glad I wore my trail shoes though, that was the right call.

Was tempted to throw in a session of hill repeats on one steep climb, but when I got to it, it was coated in thicker snow and slush so I decided to just go on. It's getting time to start interjecting more speed into my workouts. The snowshoe running definitely helps with that, but getting in some more tempo work on the roads is now becoming very necessary. Not many training weeks left. However, I feel I've set up an excellent base to work off of, very stoked about that. I anticipate the speed will fall into place seamlessly.

Got home and was very happy to learn that Finland beat Russia. No medal for Putin. :-D

Tuukka is the man. Ovechkin, not so much. 
Ran 11.5 miles @ 8:37/mile pace.
Paved and dirt roads, coated with snow and slush.
Very hilly.
Lower 20s to lower 30s, partly sunny.
New Balance MT1010, long tights, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ust take care when doing exercises on snow-covered ground. Even while wearing snow shoes, there may still be instances that may cause you to trip. How's your car by the way? Tuning up one's car is one of the most taken for granted chores for a lot of car owners. I commend your diligence in keeping your automobile in top condition. Thanks for sharing! :)

Nannette Henriquez

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.