Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Taper Worms

Rest day yesterday. Just easy three miles on tap for today. Legs feeling fresh and spry. At least tomorrow I can run 2-3 miles at MP sandwiched between a few w/u, c/d miles, which is good because I'm starting to chomp at the bit a little.

A nice treat at the end of the run when I was returning to the school... passing near a bog, I heard peepers for the first time this season. I live about 20-25 minutes north of the school, so was slightly bummed to not hear them when I got home, but it won't be long.

Oh yeah... Boston. Should be a fun time. Mindset is much more relaxed this year. Yeah, I'm a bit anxious, but nowhere even close to the way I was last year and the year before. I think I've taken the just run fast and smart and see what happens philosophy to heart, which stems from not feeling like I have anything to prove.

Weather looks idea for race day. Here's a breakdown of the temperature forecasts as of this posting:

National Weather Service: 61F/16C
Accuweather:  58F/14C
Weather Channel: 64F/18C

I trust NWS the most, but all three have been trending towards warmer the past several days. We'll see. Regardless, it'll be nice to spend the rest of spring break after the race fly fishing since I won't be able to run much. Hit the river yesterday for the first time this season. No bites, but I was only fishing for about an hour and it's very early in the season:


Ran 3.0 miles @ 7:44/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 50s, partly sunny, breezy.
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, long sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

Grellan said...

All the best in Boston Jamie. Enjoy!