Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Shaking Things Loose

Felt good to run after two days off. Energy feels good and I think I've more or less recovered from that bug (and what I ran of the marathon with said bug). It was also a chance to test out a brand new pair of Saucony Kinvara 3s. My initial impression is very favorable: They feel a lot like the original Kinvaras. That's the highest compliment I can think to give.


I had two pairs of the originals and loved them. The Kinvara 2 came around and I thought they were okay at best. Too stiff and didn't seem as durable. But the Kinvara 3 feels more flexible and appears to be better built. Granted it's only one run, but when no question marks arise it's always a good sign. They felt great.

Run went well. I forgot to readjust the GPS settings to take a new lap time at every mile, so when I thought I was looking at my lap pace I was actually looking at my overall pace. Didn't figure that out until after the run. Since it was a progression, I kept looking at my watch and was like "Awww, man. It seems like I'm going faster than this," when in fact I was. Good.

Ran 4.0 miles @ 7:17/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 70s, mostly cloudy, very humid.
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: