Monday, May 21, 2012

The Day After

Feeling better. Called out sick from work today which was a good decision. I needed to rest and it did me some good. I'm able to eat again without any protest from my stomach.

I'm already over yesterday. It's not like I did something stupid like going out too fast. Granted, attempting a marathon when you know you're sick could be considered stupid, but at least for me it's much easier to accept a DNF under those circumstances.

Things are already looking up. I found out today I won the raffle for a free entry in the Old Port Half Marathon. Didn't realize the race was already full and I had been thinking about running it, so that worked out very well.

I also decided to run the Pineland Farms 10K this Saturday. I had considered the 50K, but I think I need a mental break from the longer stuff after having bad luck with the hot weather at Boston and then the stomach bug at Sugarloaf. Onward and upward.

No comments: