Friday, July 16, 2010

Race Weight

I'm now at 176 lbs, right within the weight I wanted to be at which is between 173-177.  So happy to be there again.  Really worked hard the past four weeks to lose it (was at 192).  I ran like I normally would, but greatly altered my diet to include way more healthy foods and watched the portions.  Pure and simple formula: if you burn more calories then you put in, the weight will come off.  Add to that if your food choices are healthy ones, you'll be giving your body what it needs, have energy and feel great if you do it right.

Additionally, I've been doing the 100 pushups challenge.  Granted, I'm stuck at week two and am repeating it, but I don't care, so long as it's kicking my butt and I'm seeing progress, which I definitely am.  I've also been doing ab workouts on a nightly basis (with one night off a week).  I want to have a strong core for running (and not gonna lie, I also want to look good).

Easy run was on tap for today.  Got out this morning to beat the heat and I have a busy schedule today anyway.  Felt fine out there.   Just took things slow and let the mind wander.

My road shoes are pretty worn out.  Going to buy some new ones this evening.

Ran 4.6 miles @ 8:10/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Mostly flat.
Upper 60s, humid.
Asics GT-2130, shorts.

No comments: