Monday, July 26, 2010

Easy Like Monday Evening

Short, easy run this evening. Decided to move the rest day to tomorrow since it's going to warm up considerably. Besides, good idea to do a recovery run today following the long run to keep the legs loose.

Did today's run on a very hilly route, even if it was just an easy recovery run. Flat stuff should be saved for the track workouts, for the most part.

Heavily leaning towards doing the Back Cove 5k race Wednesday evening. Will consider that my speed workout for the week. I expect to do considerably better than that god awful performance I had last month at a 5K in Kansas City. Big difference in my running now compared to then. 

Ran 5.5 miles @ 8:01/mile pace.  
Paved roads. 
Very hilly. 
Upper 70s, sunny. 
Saucony Kinvara, shorts. 

2 comments:

pathfinder said...

It's actually relative as your god awful seems pretty darn fast to me.........and your fast is smoking!! I noticed the 5k race there last weekend had less entrants than the weekly 5k run ...pretty interesting

Jamie Anderson said...

Yes, it's all relative. And my 5k PR would make several faster runners cry if they went that slow.