Friday, July 02, 2010

Hill Repeat Experiment

The MDI Marathon course is very hilly, which for me (and anyone else who runs in the area) is somewhat of an advantage because much of what I run on is hilly anyway.   Still, I'm going to throw in some hill repeats every week or two to get even stronger.

This stretch I ran on today was a bit long though, nearly half a mile one way.  I think it might be better in the future to run a similar grade but on a shorter stretch and do it faster.  Otherwise, workouts like today just equate to a hilly run, which I might do anyway.  I think I'd benefit more with sprinting up a shorter stretch for the purpose of gaining strength.   Perfect hill for that just a little over a mile from my house, so I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Ran 2.9 miles @ 8:42/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Extremely hilly.
Mid 70s, sunny.
Asics GT-2130, shorts, short sleeved shirt.


No comments: