Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Progression Run

Currently have a pretty bad head cold, perhaps due to allergies.  Regardless, I feel pretty crappy.  It was at it's worst yesterday afternoon, so I took an unscheduled rest day.  Felt well enough today to give the run a go.  Had planned on starting off around 8:00/mile and if I felt okay, I'd try to work down to the 7:30/mile range.

Surprised myself a bit, as I felt much stronger running wise than I thought I would.  It was almost surreal because I was aware of the stuffy head, runny sinuses, sore throat, but the running energy was there and dipping down to below 7:00/mile came pretty easily, much to my surprise. Bit of a clash there.  'Twas odd.

Splits ended up as follows:
8:01
7:56
7:45
7:42
7:35
7:36
7:11
6:49
6:35
6:18/mile last .2

Probably not wise to run that pace when not feeling well, but it felt pretty natural so I just went with it.  Probably going to take the scheduled rest day tomorrow though, as it's a busy day and another day off will probably help clear the stuffy head.  If I do run, it'll be a light recovery run and short. Planning to do the Yasso workout Thursday and do a long run this weekend. Other running days will be light and easy ones.

Ran 9.2 miles @ 7:27/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Mid 70s, sunny, not as humid as it has been.
Saucony Kinvara, shorts, sleeveless shirt.

1 comment:

middle.professor said...

It was smart to run hard if felt good. Bacteria and viroids be damned!