Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Short and Quick

I ran the pre-meet practice with the cross country team today. These practices are usually light, with the goal to rest them up and get them to focus. Unfortunately, I'll miss the meet tomorrow because of grad school. Good to get in a semi-speed workout for me though. I need to do some more up-tempo runs between now and the MDI Marathon for fine tuning purposes.

Goal for them was 400m repeats at a 5k pace. I have no idea what my 5k pace is these days, so I just went with something that felt fast but was comfortable and not too hard.

Warm-up: Ran .6 miles @ 7:38/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.

6 x 400m repeats: 1:25, 1:22, 1:25, 1:25, 1:25, 1:25.
Trails.
Moderately hilly.

Cool down: Ran .6 miles @ 7:18/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.

Lower 60s, overcast, misting.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Sorry I'll miss you at MDI.

Wow - great consistency on the 400s.

I can hit the New Sharon repeater as well as Buckfield. Now I'll have to get the mobile set up.

Hope your team does well tomorrow!