Saturday, October 04, 2008

Little Ossipee Hill Run

Had a great run up Little Ossipee Hill today. At 1050' high, it offers an awesome, grueling run up to the top. Weather was great today, so little wonder why there were a lot of people out hiking. Ran into one of my students and his family on my way up.

I didn't linger to long once at the top, but did soak in the views for a few minutes. It looked as if someone was working inside the firetower, so I opted not to climb up it part of the way like I normally do. When I do this, I can see Mt. Washington and the rest of the Presidential range to the northeast and to the south I can clearly see the ocean. Oh well, perhaps next time.

Ran 11.0 miles @ 8:26/mile pace.
Paved roads, dirt roads, trails.
Extremely hilly.
Mid-upper 50s, sunny, windy.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt, Moeben sleeves.

No comments: