Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Bet and the Garmin

I ran right from the high school cross country practice and got in a nice little 5k run. Felt great and no problems or issues to report. Plan is to coast into Sunday with minimal running and hope for the best.

Andrew and I have a little wager going, since we're both going into marathons this weekend in not the best of shape (he's running the Prince Edward Island Marathon). However, the winner is the one with the SLOWER time, not the faster time. This bodes well for me, since Andrew is a far superior runner than I am. At stake, a six pack from a local microbrew. I intend to win!

Also, the Garmin 305 was sent in yesterday (again). The customer service rep I talked to a few days ago was very easy to work with and he thinks I was just sent a bum unit. Hopefully this time things will work out and they'll ship me one that's actually been tested and works correctly. If not, fear my wrath.

Ran 3.1 miles @ 7:20/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 60s, partly cloudy.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

11 comments:

Love2Run said...

Let me get this straight. The one with the slowest marathon wins? I'm afraid that Andrew may do a crash and burn so your beer may well be in jeopardy. BTW we like Guinness!

Andrew said...

You've never seen a crash and burn like mine! Looking forward to that 6 pack!

sn0m8n said...

Will walk for beer.

Grellan said...

I might take some of that action, especially if Guinness is on offer. The only question I have is do you have to finish?

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Ah, Grellan brings up an important point. I think a DNF is worth a case of beer.

And if in case of a tie, I get the beer.

Jamie, have a great time this weekeend! MDI is a wonderful marathon. I am sure you'll do well.

Thomas said...

Good Luck on Sunday. That's an interesting bet. My money is on you!

Sonhasrisenrunning said...

Good luck on your race. I think Andy is too competitive to receive his "reward" or win his bet.

Anonymous said...

Run strong my friend, beer or no beer.

As for me, I will be running a mere 5K race on Sunday. This ought to be worth something.

Good luck!

Jamie Anderson said...

Thanks all! Heading out tomorrow, looking forward to it.

Michael Jay Dotson said...

I bet I can run slowest but I'll buy my own and toast your success at MDI.

Best of luck.

Garry said...

Have a great weekend. It should be fun.