Friday, October 10, 2008

More Problems with the Garmin 305

In my last post I mentioned I'd like to dropkick my old Garmin 201. At least that device would probably survive it. I got my Garmin 305 back in the mail yesterday after sending it in for repairs and the %&*#ing thing still doesn't work! Same $%&*ing problem as before, it starts up and then dies after a few moments even though the %$#&ing indicator says the battery is charged. What the %$#@?!?!?! Did they even look at the $%&#ing thing?!

I don't even think it's the same unit, probably another refurbished one, so I'm wondering if my charger is screwing it up. When I sent it in for repairs they said to leave all accessories at home and just send the 305. If it's not the charger, then those Garmin guys just might be a bunch of idiots. I am so pissed!!!

Enough ranting. I rarely complain. It is seriously very hard to get on my %$#@ list and it's a very short list as a result. I don't want to add Garmin to it, so I'm going to see how they respond to this latest problem before I slam them. If it's the charger, it's not really their fault. Stay tuned...

As for today's run, it felt great. Fresh legs from two days off, good energy, and no PF issues. I think I'll be relatively okay for the marathon next weekend, but I'm still keeping my expectations realistic.

Ran 4.8 miles @ 8:03/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Upper 60s, sunny.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

3 comments:

Grellan said...

I feel your %$#@ing frustration. Lets hope they get it 5$#@ing right this time.

Very positive run - glad to hear that the PF is fading.

mindy said...

You probably have, but have you tried contacting Garmin support? I did that once, talked to a real person, and in no time they had the problem fixed and I was up and running again. My issue was incompatible software or something, but they might be able to walk you through it. Again, you may have already been down this road... I hope it gets fixed soon, what a pain!

Thomas said...

You're a patient guy. I'd be going postal on them by now.