Thursday, October 18, 2007

Another Short Day

Today's run was a loop around the pond with the XC team. Meant to go slower, but felt okay to go faster so I did so. Though it wasn't fast, the quicker pace did seem to help loosen up the muscles more so I was glad I did it. I think I needed it, as my right calf muscle cramped up out of nowhere during my morning class. That hurt. Drank more water after that and also followed up the run with some extra stretching. Good to go.

Ran 3.3 miles @ 7:30/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - N/A (remembered the strap, but forgot the Garmin)
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 60s, sunny.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome job with the marathon! That's a great time on a course that difficult and it sounds like you had a great time, too.

Hope your recovery continues to go well.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Jamie said:I'd like to do two 100-milers this late spring and summer, and I want to run both strong. Lot's of prep work to do to get there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hmmm I guess the summer is Vermont again??


I am thinking of (2) 100 milers for 2008 also UMMM at a much slower pace then you--LOL

...OD Memorial --a small mostly paved course I think it will be a good first one for me in MAY...then the GTR100 in Sept which is a 20,000 of feet climb, great, hard course and would be a huge one to accomplish :-)

You should think about running GTR in Sept., Andy Jones Wilkins says it's in 3-4 toughest course in US ...Hardrock first, Wasatch 2nd then toss up with Angeles Crest & GTR

Glad ur recovering well