Thursday, November 05, 2020

He Who Laughs Last

 Two days ago, the run went okay. The good news is "okay" these days would have meant "great" a few months ago, so definite progress. 

During yesterday's run, I did feel great. Hammies a non-issue and very, very minor heel pain. With any soft tissue injury, wild fluctuations are to be expected, but the range of discomfort is both narrowing and shifting towards less severity. 

It was a mere three miles at around 8:00/mile with the varsity EXC team for part of their easy run. I think it was the first time this season where I could actually hang with them and do so somewhat comfortably. I'm sure sometimes they want to be just with their peers, but it's clear they definitely enjoy the company of their coaches at times, and such was the case yesterday. Too bad that it's the final week of the season, but thankful to end the week with one of several good notes. 

Followed the run up with glute strengthening when I got home while watching the news with Biden all but securing the election while the Orange Man pathetically cried, whined and threatened with frivolous lawsuits. At least, for me, it's now finally crossing into the realm of scary to hilarious. Maybe I should consider declaring myself the winner of some key races in the past few years and sue the race directors to make it so.

2 comments:

mindy said...

I'm down with this new idea of declaring winners of races. Did you know I actually won the Boston Marathon twice? Yep. A few thousand people finished before me, but technically they didn't because I declared myself the winner.

Jamie Anderson said...

Mindy, time to buy a pickup and fly a flat in the bed that declares your amazing feat.