Monday, November 16, 2020

Adjustments, Chicken and Waffles

 The double digit run on Saturday never happened. After the first few miles, it became apparent that more than ten would be too much. The hamstrings weren't having the best day and my energy was a bit down, so I settled for 10k. I don't think it was a setback. Just an off day.  

On Sunday, I spent the morning at one of the two rivers in my county that are open year round for fishing. Both suck. Seriously. One of the things I miss about southern Maine is the abundance of rivers that are open every month of the year, and though they are filled with mostly stockies, they are still great fishing. So yeah, I got skunked. Will travel to another river a few counties over this weekend that should hopefully produce better results. I need to check off November still. 

Came home and took the dogs for a run, a form of procrastination from doing grading. Just under three miles, which was enough to partially satisfy our sleeker, athletic beast Moxie but more than enough to wear out little Hagrid. That got the motivation going for me afterwards, and I managed to clean the chicken coop and then get much of my grading done before making dinner for myself and Kate (who was much more disciplined with getting teaching work done). What did I make? Chicken and waffles. Mmmmm. 


3 comments:

Sparkplug said...

That looks delish! Yum! πŸ—πŸ§‡πŸ˜‹

Scout said...

I've never understood chicken and waffles... I'll have to try it some time.
Smart running :)

mindy said...

Yay for blogs. So much yay. (Even if I don't always comment, I'm always reading, keep it going!)