Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Two at MP

Taper schedule called for a couple of miles at marathon pace sandwiched between a warm-up and cool down. Cold, steady rain throughout the run, so I was thankful this run allowed a little more speed to help stay warmer (though I was well dressed for the weather).

Continue to feel great about Monday. No pains, aches, or anything physically to be concerned with. Just doing my best to maintain the proper mindset. That means not getting too caught up in the hype in the days leading up and sticking to my plan once I cross the start line. Looking forward to it all though, should be a very fun time. Excited to have what's shaping up to be a large contingency of family, friends and even the high school cross country team I help coach cheer me on. All the more reason not to blow it!

Ran 4.1 miles @ 7:27/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - N/A
Paved roads and paths.
Mostly flat.
Lower 40s, overcast, steady rain.
Saucony Kinvara, long tights, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: