Friday, April 25, 2008

New Trail Loop

I set out today to explore some local trails that I thought would lead to some cliffs I knew about up on Deering Ridge. I thought I'd be running an out and back but was able to figure out another way back that created a loop. Nice.

Good hills and the trails themselves are great to run on. Technical in some parts but mostly pretty smooth going. It was a great mix. Found the cliffs four miles in. Opted to climb up them and take in the views for a few minutes.

My energy, however, did feel a little low today. Nothing out of the ordinary, just one of those days where things seem a bit tougher. I did feel better as the run went on though.

Worth noting I flushed a ruffed grouse early on in the run. I also spotted a red-tailed hawk riding a thermal above the power lines and later a cooper's hawk in the woods.

Ran 8.7 miles @ 9:30/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 144/167
Trails.
Very hilly.
Mid 60s, sunny.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: