Sunday, April 20, 2008

Geochache Trail Run

My legs feel surprisingly great today after yesterday's 40-miler. I think soaking them in the cool waters of the pond immediately afterwards helped. Felt more than okay to go out for a few miles today and try something new: geochaching.

I uploaded the coordinates of three geochaches nearby and set off to find them.

I was 0 for 3. I'm about to head out with some of my neighbors, Kate and Karen, who are more experienced to try and find them. They were probably right in front of me, but we'll soon find out. (UPDATE: We found them all. They were indeed right in front of me. Now I know what to look for, but I still can't believe I missed a couple of them).

Ran 4.2 miles @ 9:36/mile pace (probably faster, forgot to hit stop a few times while searching).
AHR/MHR - 128/150
Trails (at least 50% still snow covered)
Moderately hilly.
Mid to upper 50s, sunny.
Shorts, long sleeved shirt, hat.

Weekly total = 70.8 miles

No comments: