Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Juggling Act

Knowing it was going to be very warm this afternoon, my heart sank a little when I came into work this morning to find out I had forgotten about a grant writing meeting I needed to attend during the afternoon. However, I devised a back-up plan that ended up working out great. The meeting went long as expected, but it was productive and the grant will really benefit our students greatly if it all works out, so of course it was well worth it.

As for the run, I set out in temperatures still in the upper 50s as the sun was setting. I ran a 1.75 mile loop that was relatively traffic-friendly, and then added a couple of loops around the school to round the mileage up to an even 15. I thought I'd be pretty bored with the small loop, but I actually didn't think much of it once I was going. Nice slow pace with a HR in the 130s which I'm very happy with.

Darn good run. Tomorrow is a rest day and a longer run is planned for Thursday.

Ran 15.0 miles @ 8:52/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 137/152
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 50s falling to upper 40s.
Long pants, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt. Fleece jacket for second half.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

The mileage is picking up!

RunSueRun said...

Maybe you should sign up for a 24-hour track run next?

:p