Friday, January 25, 2008

Cross Training

I opted to try out the elliptical machines at our school's gym this afternoon. Was glad I did. At the risk of sounding snooty, I always snubbed such machines, thinking that they're wimpy. Wrong. The nice thing was it really worked out my quadriceps big time, which are also my weakest leg muscles. I need to get those puppies stronger for the long downhills at Western States. Perhaps doing the ellipticals once a week or so could help.

Elliptical - 6.8 miles in 30 minutes.
Random hill setting.
Level 12 (out of ???)

3 comments:

MB said...

I've always enjoyed the elliptical. Did you try moving the legs in reverse?

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

I tried it once. Kept falling off the damn thing. I'll stick to the pavement.

Blaine Moore said...

Most ellipticals that I've used have been at commercial gyms and the legs were a bit too wide apart for my liking. I only use 'em when I'm injured.