Monday, November 05, 2007

Night Creeps Closer

With the clocks now set back an hour, timing is crucial in order to take advantage of the daylight. Fortunately, we're allowed to leave at 2:15pm, so I imagine I have it easier then most folks. Still, a teacher's work is never done, and what is nice about leaving at 2:15pm is when I return to the school, almost everyone is gone and I can get things done uninterrupted, which is nice. But I digress. The days will only get shorter until the winter solstice and several of my after school runs will be longer. Like last year, the headlamp will be seeing a lot of use in the weeks to come.

I went out with my friend and fellow teacher Tom today and ran at his pace, which is getting much faster. Good for him, and it works out nicely for me having someone to run with after school. This route is extremely hilly, and a great buttkicker. Fun workout and great weather.


Ran 10.7 miles @ 8:17/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 146/171
Paved roads.
Extremely hilly.
Mid 40s, partly cloudy.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That looks like one heck of a run!