Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Recovery Workout That Wasn't

Have grad school this afternoon and evening, and my boss graciously let me go to do my run during my prep time at the end of the day. I meant today to be a recovery run, but the quicker pace just felt very comfortable and I turned it into a progression. Might have been much smarter to have stuck with going slower as my hamstrings feel a little bit knotted up from Sunday's long run on the MDI course (hills galore), but so be it. Will have to be more careful next time so I don't risk injury.

That being said, aerobically I feel like I'm in very good shape and I'm feeling better and better about putting out a decent performance at the MDI Marathon next month. One more long run this weekend and it's taper time!

Ran 5.5 miles @ 7:18 mile/pace.
AHR/MHR - 153/169
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Upper 70s, sunny.

Mile splits:
1 - 7:45
2 - 7:28
3 - 7:23
4 - 7:18
5 - 6:59
Last .5 - 6:29/mile pace.

1 comment:

Blaine Moore said...

What are your running plans for the weekend?

I am going to be at Bradbury on Saturday for 12 at 6:00. I don't know what I'm doing yet on Sunday, but I'm leaning towards an early run at Pineland. I have plans later in the morning but don't know what time I need to be ready so I'm still not sure what I'm doing on Sunday.