Monday, September 24, 2007

Encrypted Goals

This bug has taken a good-sized bite out of me, but I suspect it'll go away in a few days. In the meantime, I thought I'd have some fun.

Below, my revised marathon goals are encrypted. All you need to solve it is provided in this posting. Not that anyone would want to know my silly little goals so badly that they'd go through the trouble strictly for the purpose of what I am hoping to run. I am not that pretentious. But if you are like me, you are always up for something for the sake of a challenge (and personally, I'm a sucker for puzzles like this).

If anyone bothers to try to crack the code and does so successfully, I will buy the first person who does so a six-pack of their beverage of choice.

Here ya go:

HEAVE PICKS ONCE WE ALL SCREAM TOO LOUD

25-8-21-25-17 20-22-19-29-48 29-13-4-8-39 11-14-15-15 37-24-21-17-19 36-33-27-18-30 22-32-7

5 comments:

Runner NYC said...

Okay, I'm taking a stab at it: 7:40 pace for 3:21 time.

Jamie Anderson said...

Damn George, you're good!!!! I'll be in the NYC area for Thanksgiving, beer is on me!

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Damn it!! Runner NYC just took my six of Sam Adams, why I oughta...

My father worked for...well, um, let's just say that I've got some old pads from the early sixties.

You should visit the Cryptological Museum some day.

Runner NYC said...

Thanks, Jamie, but I'll be in the UK for Thanksgiving! I did the puzzle for fun, not booze. Keep the beer for your celebratory treats!! Or buy yourself some fuel for your next ultra - on me! ;)

Love2Run said...

I have no idea how to come up with that but will take your word for it. Based on your pummeling of the MDI course last weekend I'd say this will be a very doable goal. Rest up and get well!