Thursday, September 13, 2007

Quick 5K

Quick meaning distance, not pace. Ran with two other teachers today after work before heading over to meet the XC team and oversee their practice. Nice day out and good weather.

Taking tomorrow off from running and will head up to Mt. Desert Island early Saturday morning. Plan is to get there in time to cheer my buds Ian and Emma on for the half marathon they're doing up there. Afterwards, I'll meet up with Mike, Andrew and Marc to get in a shorter run that afternoon. Then we'll do our longer run on the marathon course on Sunday. Will no doubt be a great time, and Mt. Desert Island is one of my favorite places on earth. Can't wait!

And a big congrats to my buddy Devon for her outstanding performance at the World Cup 100K last weekend. Her report is now up, so give it a read and offer her a congrats if you get the chance! Also, my local running friend Blaine finished his first 50K in grand fashion with a very good time.

Ran 3.11 miles @ 7:58/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 137/152
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 60s, sunny.

3 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Have a great weekend Jamie... all u speedy peeps & don't let that guy my fool ya...we Know ur fast Mike-lol

THANKS for Devons race mention, I went over and read her re-cap--WOW amazing close of that 100K, what an amazing runner!!

Olga said...

Hey, Jamie, gettin' ready to tackle another marathon? Are you up for VT50? Heard rumors a new 50M in Maine happening...Have fun this weekend!

Blaine Moore said...

The 50k was fun...

Cheer a couple of times for me for Ian & Emma. I'll be going in the other direction to CT for the weekend.