Sunday, September 23, 2007

Bah

I woke up this morning feeling pretty crappy. Came out of nowhere, as there wasn't even a hint of impending sickness all day yesterday. Nothing big, but a very bad sore throat upon waking up and a slightly nauseous, weak feeling. Thought if I downed one of my homemade smoothies I'd feel better and give my planned long run ago, but after a mile or so into the run, it became obvious that calling it a day was a good idea.

Already felt the hay was in the barn for the marathon in three weeks, so I'm not worried about not getting this final long run in. Also don't feel I'll have this cold for long. Bug has been going around the school, and for most, it only appears to be lasting for a few days.

Ran 2.9 miles @ 7:53/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 136/154
Paved roads, trails.
Mostly flat.
Mid 60s, sunny.

5 comments:

MB said...

I also have the bug, it's a shame as the weather is beautiful. Hope you pull out of it soon.

Andrew said...

I know how you feel. Sometimes just after a mile or two you know it's over. But the hay is in the barn and one run won't do you in.

Runner NYC said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly! I hope it does go quickly and that you can get in a good taper before the marathon. Feel better!!

Phil said...

3 miles for you must have felt like little more than a short stroll. Hope you're feeling better soon.

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Rest well with the knowledge that all the hay is, indeed, in the barn.

Get well.