Thursday, October 12, 2006

Three Days and Counting...

Ran 4.0 miles @ 7:00/mile pace.

I probably went too fast again today, but it was only four miles and I had taken the two previous days off. But it felt sooooooo gooooooooooood. Not only that, it almost seemed effortless.

Everything is looking great for the Mt. Desert Island Marathon on Sunday. I'll be heading up tomorrow after work with my friend Chris who is also running it. Chris competed in the Vermont 50 with me three weeks ago, and is a fun guy to run with. We'll have a blast for sure.

I'm very curious as to how my legs will be holding out for the marathon. I'm still planning on setting off at around an 8:00/mile pace for the first half. I'll see how I feel at that point but hope to open the jets up a little more then if I feel good. I've been feeling great on my shorter runs, but I'm wondering just how fatigued my legs are from the ultra three weeks ago. I'm simply viewing this race as an experiment, but I'm fairly confident I'll still run a good race. If not, so be it.

Weather for Sunday is also looking perfect. Lows around freezing the night before, warming up into the 50s that day.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Remember to do as you say. I've been guilty of posting my pace then for some reason running faster in the beginning of the marathon. I paid for it by the way...

Good luck and have fun. It is fun to go to the races with a friend.

Darrell said...

Have a great race. Like you say, it will be interesting to see how things go after the 50 miler. Enjoy it.