Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Post Marathon Run and New Goal

Ran 3.3 miles @ 7:14/mile pace.

After a couple of days of rest, it felt good to get out there again today. I ran around the pond in Sanford with the high school XC team. I probably shouldn't have headed out with the varsity guys, as I should have been doing a recovery run for myself, but at least I have a partial excuse that it was a good idea to be with them for, ummm, their safety's sake... or something.

Recovery is going great. Just some lingering soreness just below my calves. I'm aware that I need to allow ample time for my legs to recover before I go full force though. Plan is to take it easy until November (meaning no more quicker runs like today), and then start training seriously. I plan on entering the Hyannis Marathon in Cape Cod in late February and the goal is to qualify for Boston. That means 3:10:59 or less. I've got some work to do!

1 comment:

Olga said...

I am positive you can BQ, it happens when you get on a roll, big miles, speed work and positive attitude:)
No, I am not doing SD this weekend, I ran it last year though, and it was a hoot!