Wednesday, April 16, 2014

That's What I'm Talking About

Just three miles today. But you can tell a lot in just three miles. Or at least I can. I know early on in a run if it's going to be nuclear powered, a slog or anything in between.

Today, I felt it. It. It being that feeling that all cylinders are firing. It being that feeling I'm supposed to be having right now a handful of days away from a marathon; like a bull ready to break out of the gate and fling the cowboy on his back to the moon. It being that I'm ready to simply kick some ass. Faster and longer would have been no problem. No problem at all.

It's a better late than never situation, but I feel like it's legit. While the training cycle might not have gone as smoothly as I'd like due to circumstances beyond my control, the hay is indeed in the barn. Let's do this.


Ran 3.0 miles @ 7:42/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Around 40 degrees, sunny.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, beanie.

1 comment:

unstrung said...

Go Jamie!!!!!