Friday, April 11, 2014

70 Degrees

Yep. 70F/21C during today's run. It felt really, really nice. My body was like "Whoa, I'm not used to running in this warm crap" but my mind was like "Ha ha ha ha, this is awesome".

Legs... well, my kneecaps felt a little sore, but that was not an issue once warmed up. Just a mild case of runner's knee, I think. Energy... meh. Though with the sudden warm temps I'm sure that threw me off a bit. It always does.

Afterwards, some fishing near a friend's camp but got skunked... April is always extremely hit and miss, with way more misses than hits for most folks. Especially this year, with winter running later into the year. So, it's all good.

Came home, and Kate and I lit some logs in the fire pit while enjoying a few barley sodas. Peeper Ale was had. Why? Well, funny you should ask. We have an annual tradition that we have said beverage when we hear the spring peepers for the first time. Such was the case this evening. Nice.


Ran 4.1 miles @ 7:41/mile pace.
Paved roads, small trail section.
Slightly hilly.
70 degrees, partly cloudy.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: