Friday, April 04, 2014

Easy Fiver and Boston Thoughts

Uneventful five miler at an easy pace. Weather a bit on the cool side but still nice.

Gotta say, I'm now getting pretty excited for Boston. Part of me just wants it to be over with, but a bigger part of me that continues to grow is remembering that it is an honor to be in this race and I can't wait for two weeks from Monday.

Obviously what's helping with that is turning that corner after the flu and I feel like I'm back at a good spot. I don't think breaking three hours is realistic for me at this point, but if I'm feeling awesome on race day I'll certainly go for it. Regardless, I should still have a good outcome that I'm happy with. Like I said, it's just an honor to be a part of it.

Ran 5.0 miles @ 7:56/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 40s, sunny.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, short sleeved shirt, long sleeved shirt, beanie.

No comments: