Saturday, April 12, 2014

Jack and Jill and Gnarlins

A really great Jack and Jill baby shower today for my very good friends Ian and Emma. Naturally, running was involved, and it was a great day with my super duper awesome Trail Monster Running friends.

Kate and I got their early to help set up a bit. Well, Kate set up a bit in all fairness... I just joined the group getting a jump start on the running since Ry-Bread and John were going long.

My plan was 10 miles, but the trail conditions were... well... horrendous. Pretty much equal parts of dirt, mud, snow and ice. Treacherous ice at that. As a result, the going was very slow, especially since I had regular trail shoes that weren't screwed and the YakTrax were foolishly left at home.

So, as a result, I was very satisfied to get in roughly 8.5 miles (my GPS wasn't behaving). This run was worth at least 11 miles.

Afterwards, there were barley sodas, awesome food and of course, watching two awesome friends open baby-related gifts. All the while I was musing at what incredible parents they are going to be and that kid will be very lucky to have them.

Ran 8.5 miles @ 11:40/mile pace.
Trails, full gamut of conditions.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 50s to lower 60s, sunny.
New Balance MT1010, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: