Saturday, January 04, 2014

More Chooin'

The snowmobiles hadn't been out yet in the trail adjacent to our property this early afternoon (heard them just now go by as I type this), so I wasn't sure what I'd get. Plan was to take the trail I reblazed yesterday and continue breaking trail to the fire road.

However, I didn't have to, since 8/10's of a mile in my snowshoe trail meets up with a snowmobile trail, and I was pleasantly surprised to see someone had been on it (snowmobile, not a snowshoer). I was glad, as reblazing my own trail there was still a lot of work, despite yesterday's excursion. I wanted something a little less anaerobic today.

So, I sallied forth. Turned left on the fire road with the intent on seeing if the snowmobilers had broken trail down to the road so I could relay that to Kate when I got back (though she had already left by the time I returned). I carried on, going down around four miles and then turning around coming back the way I came.

Legs are feeling pleasantly tired, but am toying with the idea of a 10+ mile snowshoe run tomorrow, perhaps on the powerline trails.

Ran 8.3 miles @ 12:29/mile pace.
Trails, partially broken for 1.6 miles total and the rest on somewhat well packed snowmobile trails.
Very hilly.
Upper teens, sunny.
Dion 121 snowshoes, New Balance MT1010, warm-up pants, long tights, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves, doubled up socks.

No comments: