Sunday, January 12, 2014

Another Solid Week

Nice 15-miler this morning to give me 60.7 miles for the week (9h29m). Cool. Nothing too intense, other than the hill repeats that I felt I sandbagged a little and some running on packed snowmobile trails, but as far as Boston is concerned, a great week for this stage. As far as the snowshoe races... well, I just hope the snow holds.

Very warm out. Remained at 45 degrees throughout the run, with bright sunshine and a pretty strong north wind that felt anything but arctic. Grrr. Have to admit it was nice to run in shorts though, and at least the paved surfaces weren't super icy.

Energy was great throughout. However, the right hamstring was threatening to cramp from the start. We have a friend in town from Vermont; went out last night and I don't think I rehydrated as well as I could have. I stopped and stretched three or four times throughout and I guess that did the trick.

Light progression, but still an easy pace overall. A few icy patches slowed me down, especially at the bridge over the Saco along Rt. 4A. Last five miles were a pretty moderate pace, with the last full mile down to 6:58.

So yeah, solid week. Having a long string of snowshoe races and the MWC coming up will require some planning for getting in the long runs, but I'm sure it'll work out.

Ran 15.4 miles @ 8:06/mile pace.
Paved roads, with some icy patches.
Moderately hilly.
45 degrees, sunny, windy.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt, cap.

No comments: