Friday, March 29, 2013

Progression Run and Good Signs

Seven mile run on hills today. Overall pace was easy, but in actuality it was a progression run. The highlight was that last mile which I ran in 6:34. That's my tempo pace, but it seriously felt like a light moderate/fast easy pace. It was really effortless...  relaxed form, the legs felt spry and I was practically breathing out of my nose. Boy, if can feel like that about two weeks from now...

Good sign, especially since the taper is just beginning. What's also encouraging is my weight. I haven't checked it in at least a month and I was at 172...just a few pounds away from my race weight (167-169). I thought I'd be at least 175. Maybe things aren't so dire for Boston after all?

Ran 7.1 miles @ 7:55/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 50s, partly sunny.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, long sleeved shirt.

2 comments:

César Bobadilla said...

Great signs and expectations!! You ll do great in Boston!

César Bobadilla said...

Great sign and expectations for Boston! You ll do great!