Thursday, June 12, 2014

WD-40

Strategy is to run very regularly but keep them short until the rust comes off. This is opposed to banging out the usual 7+ mile runs during the week, but only being able to manage a few of them being that I haven't been running as much. This will also be good mentally as I get into a rhythm and start to build up the base for the BBU 50-miler.

That being said, will be taking four days off next week, as I'll be up outside of Jackman on a camping/fly fishing extravaganza. Will be running longer this weekend though, so hopefully that'll make up for it some. However, if the fishing is slow, I'm told there there are a few good peaks to run up.

Yesterday, ran the 3.5 mile loop out back. Felt fine and was uneventful. Did feel the tap, tap, tap on my head from a deer fly. Grrr. Those things suck. Afterwards, met up with Peter on the river and while it was slow, we both did land some trout. I beat up one a little too much so I decided to take it home for dinner. Tasty.

Filleted and pan fried with butter, garlic and white wine. Quite delicious. 

Ran 3.5 miles @ 9:32/mile pace.
Trails.
Very hilly.
Lower 70s, partly cloudy.
Saucony Peregrine 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt.


No comments: