Thursday, June 26, 2014

Finally... A Pair of Inov-8s That Fit



I've always been just a touch jealous of my friends who run in Inov-8s. They are brand loyal for seemingly good reason, but alas, over the years I've never been able to find a pair that properly fit my feet. They were either way too narrow or just didn't feel right. However, Inov-8 recently has been touting new models with wider toe boxes, and after some research, I decided to order a pair of the Roclite 243s.

They arrived yesterday afternoon and I tore open the box like a kid on Christmas morning. I took a deep breath in anticipation, really wanting them to fit... and then I slipped them on. They fit! Not only that, they really fit, in that perfect sense that leaves you without any doubt that as long as they grip well and are durable, they will be winners.

Speaking of grip and durability, the initial run in wet and somewhat muddy conditions helped prove the former, and the reinforced sidewalls have me confident these should last me through the summer. Also, the low profile with hardly any heel lift (3mm) were must-haves. Yep, I'm pretty excited and optimistic about this pair. They'll get a good test on the Pemi Loop on Saturday.

Because of the Pemi Loop run, today's run was really short and slow on purpose. If I run tomorrow, it'll likely be the same. I'm still ramping up, so I'll save the heroics for the mountains.

Also worth noting, I killed around five deer flies and dropped them in the salmon pool. The fish were most grateful for the breakfast.

Ran 3.5 miles @ 9:29/mile pace.
Trails.
Very hilly.
Mid 60s, overcast, very humid.
Inov-8 Roclite 243, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

1 comment:

Sparkplug said...

Nice! Glad you have found a pair of workable Inov-8s! Hope they feel good on the Pemi Loop tomorrow - have fun!