Saturday, June 21, 2014

Money, It's Got to Be the Shoes!



Last week, a few miles into the BBU loop my right heel started nagging. I was wearing some questionable shoes which I theorized gave me problems last year. So, I switched to an older pair I had laying around that had served me well. Today, a few miles into the BBU loop, the heel felt better. I was impressed, not to mention happy.

The run itself also went well. Was with Ian and John for the pretty much the duration, but was also joined by Mike and Sean for the first half.

Because the heel felt better, I was more comfortable with the pace. Not blazing fast at all, mind you, but still faster than last week and over 2100' of elevation gain on technical trails doesn't allow for much speed.

However, I'm not sure that the pair of MT110's I ran in today have too much life left in them. Like a bad Rocky movie, they were taken out of retirement but are on their last legs. The new MT110 v2s won't be released until July, but I haven't been able to find out when in July. Early in the month, I might be able to wait. Might. Late in the month? That's a stretch. We'll see.

Ran 15.4 miles @ 11:14/mile pace.
Technical trails.
Extremely hilly.
Lower to upper 60s, partly cloudy.
New Balance MT110, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap, handheld bottle (water).

No comments: