Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Holding Back

Held back today. No, no, not my pace! The urge to go to the bathroom. After three miles a Code Brown alert was issued. I knew a path was just down the hill where I could get into the woods and take care of things, and it took all of my willpower to get there without fumbling the ball.

I emerged from the trees two pounds lighter and continued on my run. All of that aside, I otherwise felt pretty mediocre. Normally less than two weeks out from a marathon, I'm experiencing taper worms and having to hold back. This time around, I feel a bit like a semi-truck with three flat tires driving down a washed out dirt road. Stupid flu.

Very light interval workout tomorrow. Then I'll fish. Yesterday, I had good success on a local pond, landing my first brookie of the season. Despite part of the pond being covered with ice still and no hatches that were visible, they were hitting the surface and I landed this little guy with a dry fly.

Caught and released. 

Ran 7.1 miles @ 7:58/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Lower 50s, overcast.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, long sleeved shirt.

No comments: